Thanks to the excellent mobile vaccine team, there is a “pop up” vaccine van on the following dates in Hartland, at the Royal British Legion, 10.30am to 4:30pm:
- Wed 28 September
- Wed 5 October
- Wed 12 October
- Wed 19 October
- Wed 26 October
There is no need to book and after an impressive busy first day today, they may be less busy in the coming October dates.
To check eligibility here:
- or call 119.
I’m not sure if this will be the same each time, but today we had the bivalent moderna vaccine (which has better protection for omicron variant), and I was grateful to get my autumn booster as NHS staff, so we should keep our surgery up and running through the winter!
Who can have the seasonal COVID-19 booster?
At the moment, those being prioritised for a seasonal booster dose (autumn booster) of the COVID-19 vaccine include people who are:
- aged 65 years old or over
- aged 5 years old and over and at high risk due to a health condition or weakened immune system
- aged 5 years old and over and live with someone who has a weakened immune system
- aged 16 years old and over and a carer, either paid or unpaid
- living or working in a care home for older people
- a frontline health and social care worker
Other people, including those aged 50 to 64 years old who are not at higher risk, will be able to get the booster jab later in the autumn 2022.