As we move to younger groups of patients, we are getting more questions regarding whether it would be a good idea to be vaccinated?
YES! 100% yes! Every member of our staff has been vaccinated.
- COVID is very contagious – you will almost all get exposed in the next year or two.
- Fatigue and breathlessness is common after COVID, even in previously fit and active people, its not just the risk of death.
- There is very good safety data on the vaccines to show that any risks are much lower compared with the placebo group. “Real world” data in the UK has shown a dramatic fall in the overall death rate starting a few weeks after the vaccine.
- After a vaccine you are unlikely to be unwell from COVID, almost certain to not need hospital treatment for COVID, much lower risk of spreading infection.
- You will be protecting our community, making our area a safer place to live for everyone. Especially for those who dont have a strong immune system.
What about pregnant women or children? We are waiting to confirm that vaccination is safe, but we will vaccinate our children if this is recommended by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). They are the best in their field, whose expert advice we trust.