The Dispensary is open during normal surgery hours for patients to collect prescriptions.
Requests for repeat prescriptions can be made online by registering for this service at the practice, and then clicking the systmonline icon below,
They can also be made
- In person – drop the slip in the box at reception having clearly marked the items required.
- By post – addressed to Repeat Prescriptions at the above address
- We DO NOT accept telephone requests as these generate a high rate of errors.
Please allow 72 hours for your request to be processed, they can then be collected after 4pm. Thank you.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription Prepayment Certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
From 1 April 2017, the charges are:
- Prescription (per item): £8.60
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC. The charge for a single prescription item is £8.60, whereas a three month PPC will cost you £29.10 and a 12 month PPC £104.00.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website